FAQs When Selling Your Vehicle

Our FAQs page should answer any question you have whether you want to junk your car for cash or would like to donate your vehicle to a non profit charity.  If for any reason your question wasn’t answered, please contact us directly.  We’d love to hear from you!

Most states accept a registration or insurance card for older model cars.  The name on either document MUST match the name on your ID.  A title is required in Arizona, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas for ALL vehicles.  We do not accept vehicles without valid proof of ownership.  Please check your state’s laws.

The simple answer is absolutely anything – cars, trucks, vans, SUVs. Any year. Any make or model. Any condition – damaged or missing parts are fine with us!

Once you’ve completed and submitted your Offer Form, one of our experts will contact you promptly with a quote for your junk car.

Junked in the USA will schedule an appointment as soon as you’ve accepted an offer. In most cases, same day pickup is available. If that doesn’t work for you, we’ll schedule another convenient pick-up time that works for your schedule.

You get paid upon pick-up. Our Junked in the USA tow-truck driver will arrive with CASH in hand. If you would rather get paid by check, just let us know. We’re very accommodating!

We base the worth of every vehicle off market value – year, make, model and weight are all used to come up with a great offer for your junk car.

Take the receipt and the license plates to your local DMV to let them know you’ve sold the vehicle and cancel any insurance policy  you have on it.

Usually, the vehicle will be recycled and sold for scrap.

FAQs When Donating a Vehicle

Yes.  The legal owner of the vehicle must sign and print their name on the back of the title under the seller section.  Once the tower arrives, he may be able to instruct you where to sign.  You must notify your state’s DMV that your vehicle was donated and you must turn in your license plates.  We will handle the proper transfer of your title.

No.  However, your vehicle must be complete and have at least two tires to roll onto a flatbed.

You must hand the driver your signed title.  You will be given a temporary receipt with a reference number for proof of your donation.  Your vehicle will be hauled and sold to one of our trusted Auto Recycling companies on behalf of Angels of Animals, Inc.  Thank you for your donation.

If your vehicle was sold for less than $500, we will send you a written acknowledgement on behalf of Angels of Animals for your donation for tax purposes.  Should your vehicle be sold for more than $500, Junked in the USA will send you a receipt with the exact amount it was sold for along with IRS Form 1098 C (Copy B) for tax purposes. Be sure to discuss with your tax adviser all of your tax deduction options.  Usually the process takes anywhere from three to six weeks.  Your receipt will be dated as the date the donation was received.

Please visit http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4303.pdf for more information on donating a vehicle.

If you are a representative of a 501(C)(3) charity, and would like to partner with us, please email us at JunkedintheUSA@gmail.com.  We would be honored to help your cause in any way we can!